We are happy to welcome you to the 2016 – 2017 school year! We are looking forward to a productive partnership with you to ensure our children can achieve their highest potential. We recognize that in order to be successful in school, our children need support from both the parents at home and the teachers at school. We know a strong partnership with you will make a great difference in your child's education. As partners, we share the responsibility for our children's success and want you to know that we will do our very best to carry out our responsibilities. We ask that you guide and support your child's learning by ensuring that he or she:
1. Attends school daily and arrives on time, read for the day's learning experience.
2. All Kindergarten students must be in their class by 8:40 am or they will be counted tardy.
3. Completes all homework and assignments given by teachers.
4. Reads daily to develop a love for reading and to improve literacy skills.
5. Shares school experiences with you so that you are aware of his or her school life.
6. Informs you if he or she needs additional support in any area.
7. Knows that you expect him or her to succeed in school.
8. Knows that you expect him or her to use appropriate behavior while in school.
Please consider joining our school volunteer program as our students can greatly benefit from your involvement and contributions to the school's programs and its operations. We have several areas to volunteer, such as:
1. Assisting teachers with cutting or prep work for projects.
2. Reading to the class
3. School events – Fall Festival, Holiday presentations and more
4. Community Outreach Program
We thank you for your support! We feel privileged to have you join us as a part of the CMS family.